Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A walk in the meadow

Monday, my children and I enjoyed a walk in the meadow. Here is a sampling of what a careful observer could experience. I am grateful for the great beauty the Lord has given our family to enjoy.

The fuzzy leaves of a mullein basal rosette.


The faded petals of Queen Anne's Lace fold up to form a cup shape, hence earning its lesser known name, Bird's Nest.



These berry branches keep the birds busy well into winter.


A fuzzy stem of grass.


A perfect dandelion.


A Mexican sunflower


The pollen-laden legs of a busy honeybee.


A sunflower head heavy with seeds.


A glimpse of a portion of our changing meadow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pics are gorgeous. I need to really start looking more closely at nature and it's beauty. I see it but haven't really looked at it...ya know. These pics give me a whole different view :o)

Mella said...

These pictures are fabulous - so crisp.